How to manage products in Online Invoices
Manage your products/services in online invoices system:
- From the”products” menu choose “Manage products“.
Manage Products details
The items page lists all items, services or products that you have added to your system. To add a new item, go to the Create New Item page and add the various details for that item – for instance, if you have a vehicle repair business you may wish to add ‘Standard Car Service’ as an item, with a detailed description of that service, and the price. This functionality allows you to simply add this item to a new invoice without having to re-enter the details relating to that item, service or product. This can save a large amount of time as well as ensuring consistent and easily managed descriptions and pricing for products or repeated services. If there are further items to add to an invoice, you can also select more from your list, or add them manually as you create the invoice. To add any pre-made item, product or service to any invoice, it is a one-click process from within the invoice creation page.
- This table lists your products/services displaying the name and unit price for each.
- Use the quick search to search for a product by its name.
- Edit a product/service by clicking on the “Edit” button.
- Delete a product/service by clicking on the “Delete” button.
- Delete multiple products/services by ticking on their check boxes and press the RED “Delete” button.
How to import a list of products from a CSV file.
- Open the Excel program
- In the first row add the fields Name,Description, Unit Price, and Default Quantity in the A1, B1, C1 and D1 cells in the same order.
- Under every cell fill in the all products details as in this image.
- After you have added all your items save the Excel file as CSV (Comma delimited).
- Login to your online invoices system.
- From the “Products” menu choose “Manage Products“.
- Click the “Import” button from in top right corner.
- The importing wizard will start Step 1 Import Options :
- Choose the file to import (the CSV file we previously saved).
- From the Delimiters section choose “Comma Separated”.
- Click the “Import First Row” check box. If your file contains field labels in the first row don’t tick this box. In our case we will not tick the box.
- Step 2 Fields Mapping:
- In this step we will tell the system where the data is so the system can add it.
- The “System Field” column: This column shows what fields in the system you may import data into; “*” means that this field must be filled, and “Chain icon” means that this field is unique (i.e. if you have checked the “Updated existed product with new data” check box and there was a record that contains the same field value it will update this record with the new imported record. If you didn’t check the “Updated existed product with new data” check box and there was a record with the same data it will ignore importing it and give you errors for this record.).
- The “Corresponding Field in File” column: Each drop-down in this column shows all column headers in your file. Please select the equivalent column in your file for each system column (only system fields with “*” are required to have an equivalent selected field).
- In our case we only added new products and selected a corresponding field in file for each system field as seen in the above image, and we left the “Updated existed product with new data” check box unchecked as we are adding only new data.
- Click the “Import” button.
- Step 3 Importing:
- The system will take a few seconds to import the fields and save them.
- Go back to the “Manage Products” page to check the imported items.
Contact us if you have an issue or more questions.