Creating Expenses in Online Invoices
OnlineInvoice also works as an online expenses tracking software To create or add new expenses to your online invoices system:
- From the “Finance” menu choose “Add Expenses”
- Choose a date for the expense you wish to add.
- Add the amount of the expense and choose the currency.
- Attach any image or receipt for the expense
- Choose a category from the drop down menu or insert the category manually -all inserted categories are saved once you click the submit button-.
- Choose a vendor from the drop down menu or insert the vendor manually -all inserted vendors are saved once you click the submit button-.
- Add a description for the expense.
- Assign the expense to one of your clients.
- Choose whether this expense is recurring:
- Click “Submit” to save the new expense.
How to import a list of expense entries from a CSV file.
- Open the Excel program
- In the first row add the fields Amount, Currency, Category, Vendor and note in the A1…F1 cells.
- Under every cell fill in all the details as in this image.
- The Date field must be formatted the same as your system’s date format; in my case we use the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- The Currency filed field must be added in the country’s currency’s code, like such as USD, AUD, ..etc.
- All added category categories and vendors are automatically saved.
- After you have added all your items save the eExcel file as CSV (Comma delimited.).
- Log in to your online invoices system.
- From the “Finance” menu choose “Expenses“.
- Click the “Import” button from in the top right corner.
The importing wizard will start. Step 1 Import Options :
- Choose the file to import (the CSV file we previously saved).
- From the Delimiters section choose “Comma Separated“.
- Click the “Import First Row” check box. If your file contains field labels in the first row don’t tick this box. In our case we will not tick the box.
- Click the “Next Step” button.
Step 2 Fields Mapping:
- In this step we will tell the system where the data is so the system can add it.
- The Amount* field is required and must exist in the file.
- Select a corresponding field in the file for each system field as seen in the above image.
- If you have entered a new category or vendor it will be saved in the system.
- Click the “Import” button.
Step 3 Importing:
- The system will take a few seconds to import the fields and save them.
- Go back to the “Expense” page to check the imported items.
Contact us if you have any issues or more questions.