How to Track Your Time
Start tracking your time:
- From the “Time Tracking” menu choose “Time Tracking”.
- Choose a day from the calendar.
- Click the “New Entry” button.
- Select a project and an activity, and add your time manually in the “Time field” or start the timer.
- Add any notes related to the task.
- Click the “Add” button.
How to import a list of time entries from a CSV file.
- Open the Excel program
- In the first row add the fields Project, Activity, Time, Date and Description in the A1…E1 cells.
- Under every cell fill all the details as in this image.
- The Time Field must be added in one of these two ways:
- 2.5 which mean two and a half hours.
- 2:30 which also mean 2 and a half hours.
- The Date field must be formatted as your system’s date format in this case we use the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- After you add all your items save the excel file as CSV (Comma delimited.)
- Login in to your online invoices system.
- From the “Time Tracking” menu choose “Time Tracking“.
- Click the”Import” button in the top right corner.
The importing wizard will start. Step 1 Import Options :
- Choose the file to import (the CSV file we previously saved .
- From the Delimiters section choose “Comma Separated”.
- Click “Import First Row” check box. If your file contains field labels in the first row don’t tick this box. In our case we will not tick the check box.
- Click the “Next Step” button.
Step 2 Fields Mapping:
- In this step we will tell the system where the data is so the system can add it.
- Select a corresponding field in file for each system field as seen in the above image.
- If you entered a new project or activity it will be saved in the system.
- Click the “Import” button.
Step 3 Importing:
- The system will take a few seconds to import the fields and save them.
- Go back to the “Time Tracking” page to check the imported items.
Contact us if you have an issue or more questions.