How to import a list of time entries from a CSV file
You can add many time entries with few steps without having to enter every time entry manually to the system by using the importing function. You can import the “Project Name“, “Activity“, “Time Value“, “Date” and “Description“.
To start importing a list of time entries follow these steps:
- Only CSV files / Text files (Comma Separated, Tab Delimited, Column separated can be import).
- If you have any other file type you will need to open using an intermediate application, such as “Microsoft Excel” and save as CSV and import into the system.
- You can use the import function to quickly add your data in a spread-sheet and import into the system, here we explain how to import data using Microsoft Excel software.
- Open the Excel program
- In the first row add the fields “Project Name“, “Activity“, “Time Value“, “Date” and “Description“.
- Under every cell fill all the details as in this image.
- The “Time” Field must be added in one of these two ways:
- 2.5 which mean two and a half hours.
- 2:30 which also mean 2 and a half hours.
- The “Date” field must be formatted as your system’s date format in this case we use the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- After you add all your items save the excel file as CSV (Comma delimited.)
- Login in to your online invoices system.
- From the “Time Tracking” menu choose “Time Tracking“.
- Click the”Import” button in the top right corner.
The importing wizard will start. Step 1 (Import Options):
- Choose the file to import (the CSV file we previously saved .
- From the Delimiters section choose “Comma Separated”.
- Click “Import First Row” check box. If your file contains field labels in the first row don’t tick this box. In our case we will not tick the check box.
- Click the “Next Step” button.
Step 2 (Fields Mapping):
- In this step we will tell the system where the data is so the system can add it.
- Select a corresponding field in file for each system field as seen in the above image.
- If you entered a new project or activity it will be saved in the system.
- Click the “Import” button.
Step 3 Importing:
- The system will take a few seconds to import the fields and save them.
- Go back to the “Time Tracking” page to check the imported items.
Contact us if you have an issue or more questions.