How to import a list of income entries from CSV file
You can add many income entries with few steps without having to enter every income entry manually to the system by using the importing function. You can import the “Date“, “Amount“, “Currency“, “Category“, “Vendor” and “Notes“.
To start importing a list of income entries follow these steps:
- Only CSV files / Text files (Comma Separated, Tab Delimited, Column separated can be import).
- If you have any other file type you will need to open using an intermediate application, such as “Microsoft Excel” and save as CSV and import into the system.
- You can use the import function to quickly add your data in a spread-sheet and import into the system, here we explain how to import data using Microsoft Excel software.
- Open the Excel program
- In the first row add the “Date“, “Amount“, “Currency“, “Category“, “Vendor” and “Notes“.
- Under every cell fill all the details as in this image.
- The Date field must be formatted the same as your system’s date format; in this case we use the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- The Currency field must be added in the country’s currency’s code, such as USD, AUD, etc
- All added categories and vendors are automatically saved.
- After you have added all your items save the Excel file as CSV (Comma delimited).
- Log in to your online invoices system.
- From “Finance” menu choose “Income“.
- Click the “Import” button in the top right corner.
The importing wizard will start. Step 1 Import Options :
- Choose the file to import (the CSV file we previously saved) .
- From the Delimiters section choose “Comma Separated”.
- Click the “Import First Row” check box. If your file contains field labels in the first row don’t tick this box. In our case we will not tick the box.
- Click the “Next Step” button.
Step 2 Fields Mapping:
- In this step we will tell the system where the data is so the system can add it.
- The Amount* field is required and must exist in the file.
- Select a corresponding field in the file for each system field as seen in the above image.
- If you have entered a new category or vendor it will be saved in the system.
- Click the “Import” button.
Step 3 Importing:
- The system will take a few seconds to import the fields and save them.
- Go back to the “Incomes” page to check the imported items.
Contact us if you have an issue or more questions.